What are promo codes? Promotion codes are discount codes that allow you, the business, to offer discounts to your customers. These discounts can be in the form of EITHER:
- A percentage discount (50% off, etc)
- A dollar amount discount ($10 off, etc)
To create or edit promotion codes, follow the steps below:
Step 1: Log in to your Fitli business account.
- Make sure you are in your business account, by checking that your business name and/or logo shows up on the left side. In the top menu, you should see options such as 'Customers', 'Products', etc.
Step 2: Click on "Products" in the top menu bar.
Step 3: Click on "Promotions" on the left hand side.
This will take you to the list of promotions that your business offers to clients, see the screenshot below:
4. To create a new promotion, click on the "+ Add Promotion" button on your top right hand side. This will open a pop-up form to ask you to fill out all information for this promotion.
- Display Promotion: If yes, this promotion will be displayed on your business profile and everyone on fitli network can see it. If no, it'll be for your eyes only.
Notes: Even if this flag is set to NO, it's still a valid promotion if it's still active and hasn't expired.
- Title: The name of this promotion
- Code: A unique promotion code that consumers (or you) use to apply on purchase transactions. This code is generated by the system after the title is entered but this code can be modified if you'd like. The promotion 'CODE' is the code you'll provide to your customers to actually use the code!
- Type: percent or amount
- Amount: depends on the promotion type (percent or amount)
+ If the type is "percent", in this example, it means 20% off.
+ If the type is "amount", in this example, it means $20 off.
- Expiration date: When is the last date that this promotion can be used
- Description: (optional) Any notes that you'd like your clients to know
5. After you finish filling out all information, click on the "SAVE" button.
Now you're done! This promotion now is listed on the list of promotions.
During the checkout process, either the business, or the client on the website or via the mobile app can enter a promotion code. Shown in the blue box below, enter the desired promotion code. The total above the box will update and be reflective of the reduced or discounted price.
- To deactivate a promotion, click on the "yes" text under the "Active" column. This will turn a promotion (even if it hasn't expired yet) to inactive.